The Rai Cache is a high performance last value cache and market data services provider with support for an extensible set of transports and message formats.
The Rai Cache architecture allows for the mixing and matching of components to achieve various functions. The set of components within each type is extensible:
- Protocol Emulators are modules which fully implement the service side protocol for an existed market data system. The Rai Cache can then act as a drop in replacement for such systems. Emulators are service providers of such systems.
- Protocol Bridges allow the Cache to pull data from and feed data to an existing market data system. Bridges are service consumers to such systems.
- Rai Services are modules that extend the feature set of the core Cache – examples include a backing store, delay service, or a statistics gathering mechanism.
- Embedded modules are written using the Rai API and loaded statically or dynamically into the Cache to provide specific functionality. Embedded modules provide a clean interface between Cache services. For example, data provider specific field transformations are typically implemented as an embedded module. Embedded modules can be written and maintained by our clients and loaded dynamically at runtime if desired.
- Support for multiple transports including ciServer™, TIBCO Rendezvous™ , Reuters SSL, Reuters RSSL, TCP and HTTP.
- Support for SASS, SASS2, SASS3, TibMsg, RaiMsg, RVMsg, MarketFeed, OMM, and XML
- OpenMAMA support
- Fully integrated Data Normalization (Transformation) and Conflation capability.
- Fully multi-threaded to provide maximum performance by leveraging multiprocessor machine capabilities.
- Support for multiple data representations allows publishing and subscribing from a variety of languages using a combination of market data representations
- Service detection and management definition for optimal performance
- Clustering for fault tolerance, service partitioning and performance through simple definition of service policies
- Lowest delay data path versus any comparable system
- Delay service for delayed data
- Superior price/performance through support of Linux on advanced processor technology.
- cacheadmin tool and web interface for run-time configuration and management.
- XML based configuration .
- Extremely high performance integration and distribution architecture.
- Extensible to meet new requirements.
- Drop-in replacement for Reuters TIC and RTIC products.
- Greater control of data environment through Data Normalization.
- Independent vendor platform allowing business decisions to be made without the threat of having to replace infrastructure
- Greater flexibility in addressing the needs of different categories of end-user